They said I was weird
They said I think differently
They said I looked different
They said I wasn’t normal
Is it the way I walk?
Is it the way I talk?
Is it the way I eat?
Do my thoughts bother you all?
Do my speeches enrage you all?
Or have you ever imagined that maybe
Just maybe that it was you guys
Weren’t your minds to caged?
Weren’t your speeches too eager to please others?
Did you feel me not right because you guys were locking yourselves in?
So for once let us be free
The ill will I bore will be no longer
Let us smile and call off all the past events
I wish we can talk and laugh
But alas it is but a will of my own
You can just sit in your comfortable norms
While I will venture myself to the unknowns
And let us meet again after decades
Then I’ll show you how my “weirdness” earned more life
How my “weirdness” earned more friends
How my “weirdness” earned more values
So call me a fool now
Because this is the last time you’ll be able to
And when the time comes
I’ll return the smugness you all faced me with
Custous Angelus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Different by Custous Angelus )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Fabrication of Success, Breanni McDuffey
- No base, hasmukh amathalal
- Fighting fire with fire, Leong Ming Loong
- To go down, hasmukh amathalal
- A Horror Memory, Nash Thomas
- In new world, hasmukh amathalal
- My Mother's Advice, Sari Mavi
- The You in my dream, RAJ VIKRAM
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady