They said I was weird
They said I think differently
They said I looked different
They said I wasn’t normal
Is it the way I walk?
Is it the way I talk?
Is it the way I eat?
Do my thoughts bother you all?
Do my speeches enrage you all?
Or have you ever imagined that maybe
Just maybe that it was you guys
Weren’t your minds to caged?
Weren’t your speeches too eager to please others?
Did you feel me not right because you guys were locking yourselves in?
So for once let us be free
The ill will I bore will be no longer
Let us smile and call off all the past events
I wish we can talk and laugh
But alas it is but a will of my own
You can just sit in your comfortable norms
While I will venture myself to the unknowns
And let us meet again after decades
Then I’ll show you how my “weirdness” earned more life
How my “weirdness” earned more friends
How my “weirdness” earned more values
So call me a fool now
Because this is the last time you’ll be able to
And when the time comes
I’ll return the smugness you all faced me with
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Different by Custous Angelus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan