I am back to the shore,
Besides me is a sea of endless tears,
But not a dropp in my eyes,
It seems as if I have forgotten to cry,
Just as I did to smile.
Fantasy, craziness, even happiness,
Now have become words of an alien world.
Phrases known to me just mean, or are,
'Study hard or you will fail in the examination of life',
But passing with a dead heart and a hot brain is not what I desire,
Oh 'desire'! It's no more than an arrangement of six alphabets to me,
Which might have its place in the english dictionary,
But has been banned to use in the glass house where I live.
It was so wise of Shakespear to say,
'What's in a name',
A mortal or even immortals are identified only by their degrees,
By the creatures I know.
The only 'wish', if it happens not to be a taboo,
I have is just,
One soulfull night of peace where for once
'I can just be 'me'',
Just like a baby tigeress in the fields!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Me by Vanya Kaushik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta