Being The Parent Of An Addict...
Being a parent of an ADDICT is … being there through the Cravings, the withdrawals and the thievery. Being a parent of An ADDICT means that You LOVE that person which YOU created, Just NOT more than you love THEIR children, YOUR OTHER Children or anyone else. You constantly Lose sleep because of The fear of a dreaded phone call, saying, “Ma’am, this is Officer John and … WAIT FOR IT … your child is in jail, or Even Worse, DEAD …”
YOU comfort your grandkids from their nightmares and have to Explain where Mommy is …
You HAVE risked your own life, for your child without a second Thought and YOU would surely die to save your grandkids, if You ever had to.
Being a parent of an ADDICT … IS a burden
It’s loving somebody who CAN’T love you back
IT’S … frustrating, exhausting, scary, annoying, embarrassing, Sickening..
Regardless, you LOVE your child, the ADDICT, wholeheartedly And... FOR ETERNITY!
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Being The Parent Of An Addict... by Catherine Hendry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Collect Call to: F. J. Thomas..., Monk E. Biz
- Bed Time, Michael McParland
- Trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn
- The Wine Effect, I Am Krakatoa
- Light Foot xx xxx xx Original 12 28.., Lee Mack
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II