Being The Parent Of An Addict...
Being a parent of an ADDICT is … being there through the Cravings, the withdrawals and the thievery. Being a parent of An ADDICT means that You LOVE that person which YOU created, Just NOT more than you love THEIR children, YOUR OTHER Children or anyone else. You constantly Lose sleep because of The fear of a dreaded phone call, saying, “Ma’am, this is Officer John and … WAIT FOR IT … your child is in jail, or Even Worse, DEAD …”
YOU comfort your grandkids from their nightmares and have to Explain where Mommy is …
You HAVE risked your own life, for your child without a second Thought and YOU would surely die to save your grandkids, if You ever had to.
Being a parent of an ADDICT … IS a burden
It’s loving somebody who CAN’T love you back
IT’S … frustrating, exhausting, scary, annoying, embarrassing, Sickening..
Regardless, you LOVE your child, the ADDICT, wholeheartedly And... FOR ETERNITY!
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Being The Parent Of An Addict... by Catherine Hendry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal