BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013
All the dogs and many of the people from long ago are dead,
And we can’t have death-with-dignity the Supreme Court said,
But there is for dogs and cats so go check at your local vets,
Though Canadians can’t have it and they dare not show they’re upset.
So what can we do to get death-with-dignity legalized?
While those suffering and dying in pain, feel truly agonized,
While the preachers on the pulpits raise their voices and their hands,
And preach no death-with-dignity in our Canadian lands.
Our politicians, priests, popes and pompous persons on TV,
Have caught us in their religious clutches as tight as we can be,
Somewhere somehow our so called democracy has disappeared,
And worse; we’ve been trained to think that this is holy and not weird.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal