Bessie Was A Cow
Bessie was a cow,
Flower was a goat;
Two better friends
You would never know.
Bessie trimmed the grass,
And Flower ate the weeds;
A pair of better gardeners
You would never need.
Wherever Flower went,
Bessie went there too;
If Flower ate some clothes,
Bessie watched with rue.
If Bessie ate some hay,
Flower ate some clover-
If one passes heaven,
They'll both get over.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bessie Was A Cow by Patti Masterman )
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon