Gone were those days
Lost were the times
When our hearts were one
Whereto over distance
Our thoughts crossed the hills of time
Breaking all barriers
Our love triumphed space
Even with the distance
We stood strong in care
O! Where art thou I knew?
Save for a stranger
Posing the stead of my dear
Thereto I'm compelled down Ode lane
In the hope to fan a rescue
To the joy that stalked
That which was shared
Now all seem to halt!
Time, Space and Nature
Accorded the cause
Mourning that which came to naught
Whilst rehearsing the praise
Of better days to come!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Days by Jubril Balogun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- make mine extra crispy, Mandolyn ...
- ~Death Of My Creations~, Allan Gerard
- Captivations of an Art Form, F. J. Thomas
- Me Without You Is Like, Lilly Emery