What use is a heart without beat?
Whence in the company of waves
Lays the sea…
Truly one is made for another
For in pairs holds
A bond unequalled!
The one that defines us.
What purpose there is
In the eyes without sight?
When the heat of day is
Silenced in the coolness of night
Like rain and earth
Love renews the heart
For one is made for another
The likes of you and I.
Could its importance be overemphasized?
The lip to the teeth
What could compare the bond of secrecy
Both share in the company of mouth?
If you were a bee, I'd be nectar
If you could be the lightning,
I'll humbly be the thunder.
But you are, in flesh and bone,
The beat that powers my heart! ! !
Together we share a bond
Unequalled on the rack.01/06/09
Jubril Balogun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOND by Jubril Balogun )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(14 December 1895 – 18 November 1952)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- RAJ VIKRAM
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- It's Cognizant, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Never A Mistake~, Kamini Arichandran
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker