What use is a heart without beat?
Whence in the company of waves
Lays the sea…
Truly one is made for another
For in pairs holds
A bond unequalled!
The one that defines us.
What purpose there is
In the eyes without sight?
When the heat of day is
Silenced in the coolness of night
Like rain and earth
Love renews the heart
For one is made for another
The likes of you and I.
Could its importance be overemphasized?
The lip to the teeth
What could compare the bond of secrecy
Both share in the company of mouth?
If you were a bee, I'd be nectar
If you could be the lightning,
I'll humbly be the thunder.
But you are, in flesh and bone,
The beat that powers my heart! ! !
Together we share a bond
Unequalled on the rack.01/06/09
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BOND by Jubril Balogun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher
- Change Coming, Kyle Schlicher
- One Because Of The Other, Kyle Schlicher