Dr. Yogesh Sharma
BHAGAVADGITA AND REBIRTH
Gita says that when a man dies
His soul takes new birth on, to earth;
Passes in some new body but disguise
From a new womb he takes new birth.
With tender limbs and brighter gain
The same soul takes new path again.
Such is the sermon of Lord Krishna and my cast;
This body, this band that holds the pen,
It comes and goes and does not ever last,
And turned, as dust, to dust again;
These eyes of mine have closed and shown
Many a times at Haridwar, Sangam and Ujjain.
All that man rightly think or do,
Or make, or spoil, or bless, or blast,
His curse or blessing justly due
This one is neither slays nor is slain past.
His life is an account of the sum
Of good or bad indulged, or overcome.
Man knows that in his lives to be
His sorry heart will ache and burn,
And worship, power and wealth tree,
As man moves on the roads spurn,
His road shall be the road he made;
All that he gave shall be repaid.
Indeed, Bhagavadgita tells,
O man! Renounce this tiring strain!
Surely, surely, he must trust Him well,
Only his action, a good great man obtain,
Place, crowns, wealth and a happy end,
Certain is birth for the one that has died.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BHAGAVADGITA AND REBIRTH by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)