Ace Of Black Hearts
Blaming The Illusion For The Bodies
Those bodies in your basement.
You put them there, and now you want blame me.
But I'm not even really here.
A figment of your imagination.
An irritation upon the void.
Not my fault you have bloodied your nose.
Got to be more careful where your swinging.
Especially when trying to hit a ghost.
Because to try to make contact, is to try to bring me to the physical world.
Just a projection of altered energies.
The shadow demon.
Why won't he listen?
Mixing potions and trying the method of dosing.
But with no substance can he be touched.
No not him.
He is just a parlor trick, an illusion.
A poor attempt at a fortified magic.
He isn't real.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blaming The Illusion For The Bodies by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns