Bless Me With Light
Bless me with light, that I may see your face.
Shine your radiance upon me.
Let me feel the spark of love once graced...
My head is bowed and my will is spent.
My heart is cowed and love laments...
My soul's on fire, and flames engulf
the prison that this life indulged...
Remove from me this suffering.
Let me feel the warmth of your smile.
Let me bathe your shadow with homage.
Let me walk with you through life...
Wet my brow with water to ease my pain.
Smile upon my countenance and
Let me drink from your cup of suffering once again.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bless Me With Light by Melek Yuzlu )
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
- Sleepyhead, Mark R. Elias
- Lover, Emma R. Kessler
- Bitter love, ontomu william
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns