Bless Me With Light
Bless me with light, that I may see your face.
Shine your radiance upon me.
Let me feel the spark of love once graced...
My head is bowed and my will is spent.
My heart is cowed and love laments...
My soul's on fire, and flames engulf
the prison that this life indulged...
Remove from me this suffering.
Let me feel the warmth of your smile.
Let me bathe your shadow with homage.
Let me walk with you through life...
Wet my brow with water to ease my pain.
Smile upon my countenance and
Let me drink from your cup of suffering once again.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bless Me With Light by Melek Yuzlu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling