I am hungry for your love...
the nature of love's call and
the stillness of desires' pleading.
I hunger for the touch of love,
the longing for love's heart to fall on mine...
love's eyes to burn within my soul.
I long for the coolness of love's breath
to stem the passions of the loveless day,
to remove the hunger of life's flames,
to cast in silence love's enduring way.
I am hungry for your touch,
your presence within my empty room -
a heart so filled with love that...
ego is devoured – transported
through a portal of infinite joy and
in love's presence 'I' begin to bloom.
Stillness and silence recover from their slumber
as love begins its timeless watch
over a mind and heart now waking,
and from life's slumber Love has found his match.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love by Melek Yuzlu )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan