Bond of Love in Friendship
To you my special friend,
You have become to me so dear.
Many times when I have felt down,
You've lifted me up,
And brought me good cheer.
You are someone I can talk to,
And open up my heart.
Knowing I can trust you always,
Just Like I have from the start.
You speak such words of kindness,
You really show me you care.
Whenever I need you,
Always for me you're there
My love for you has grown,
Your friendship I'll always cherish.
What we share is priceless,
This special bond of friendship,
Shall never perish.
You have been such an angel,
And although we live far apart.
The love in friendship we share,
Will rmain always and forever.....
Tucked safely deep within my heart.
(Dedicated to my loving friend Dottie who lives in Maine/ January 30,2007)
James Greene's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bond of Love in Friendship by James Greene )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal