Boring Yet Illustrious Ancestors
In History, the Prophetess (Joseph of Arimathea’s dau.) wed two kings…
Anna (Don Verch Mathonwy) Enygeus” who was also a warrior who’d sing!
First married “Beli Mawr Heli, Ap Manogan; which 2-of-my line descend.
She weds also “Brân/ Bron, Ap Llyr Llediaith” of another line to end.
Descendants from Anna’s seed, as royals, help detour from royal greed.
Caractacus was an enemy-star, stood trial bef. Roman tribunal; yet freed!
Her son, this king, saved the kingdom bef.54 AD, in Siluria Rome, of Italy…
Then St. Cyllin Ap Caradoc, her Grand-child, his wife was unknown really.
Later, Coel Ap Cyllin bet.0060 B.C.-120 A.D.,4-ENG was converging.
Lleuver Ap Coel, b. May 130, weds Gladis Eurgen; not necessarily a virgin.
2-lines-plus: Gladys Lleuver weds Cadvan of Cambria, really what a pair.
Strada Verch Cadfan was ancestor of King Arthur of Camelot, AKA: the Fair.
Her dau. Flavia Helen, of the Cross, weds Constantius I or Augustus renown.
Their son: Constantine I Augustus wed Flavia Maximiana Fausta in town.
Then Flavius II Julius Constanius weds Minervina, wife of Great Constantine.
Their son Magnus F. Clemens Maximus weds Elen Eudaf; life was so serene.
Daughter Gratianna Wledig weds another king Tudwal; not of Brecknock.
Their dau. Prawst weds Brychan ‘the St.’ Ap Anlach, a King of Brycheiniog.
Their dau. Meleri Brychan weds Ceredig Ceredigion, for that land is named.
Son Usai Ceredig was b.453 Ceredigion, Wales; ruled-&-didn’t play games.
Then came Sewrwyl Ap Usai, his son Boddw/ Podew Serwyl who ruled Wales.
Later, Rhodri Ap Merfyn king of Wales; where lines descend with stunning tales…
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Boring Yet Illustrious Ancestors by ArmourQuill Hunter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Mist, Henry David Thoreau
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu
- A Glowing Morning, Rohit Sapra
- सबका चहेता तो रहा हूँ sabka chahetaa, hasmukh amathalal
- A moment (Rubliw), Gert Strydom