Lawrence S. Pertillar
Born to Feel Passion
I have been told
Not to expect others
To feel as passionate
About life as I do!
I thought that strange.
Since those comments
Were from those
And what I feel,
Is not real to them!
Perhaps for them it lacks appeal?
This life I have,
I am not in doubt...
Nor trying to figure out,
Who's life I have I am living!
Could they be right?
Could they be tossing,
And turning with sleepless nights...
It is my life.
And I thank God,
I was born to feel passion.
And as a bonus,
He added compassion.
Maybe it is the other way around?
And they are right.
It is my life!
And I am confused...
As to which part of it lived to use?
And how much of it exposed,
I should be living and giving
This life I live that comes to give...
As I live it,
I did not bother to watch others,
From a safety that is perched!
I should just sit...
To watch others more experienced,
In practice to arrange
A more suitable existence...
And perfects it!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Born to Feel Passion by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Time Is Now, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Raja male, gajanan mishra
- Lost Is Never Gone, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- I Stand Tall, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The king dies, gajanan mishra
- Nice platform, hasmukh amathalal
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.