Lawrence S. Pertillar
Born to Feel Passion
I have been told
Not to expect others
To feel as passionate
About life as I do!
I thought that strange.
Since those comments
Were from those
And what I feel,
Is not real to them!
Perhaps for them it lacks appeal?
This life I have,
I am not in doubt...
Nor trying to figure out,
Who's life I have I am living!
Could they be right?
Could they be tossing,
And turning with sleepless nights...
It is my life.
And I thank God,
I was born to feel passion.
And as a bonus,
He added compassion.
Maybe it is the other way around?
And they are right.
It is my life!
And I am confused...
As to which part of it lived to use?
And how much of it exposed,
I should be living and giving
This life I live that comes to give...
As I live it,
I did not bother to watch others,
From a safety that is perched!
I should just sit...
To watch others more experienced,
In practice to arrange
A more suitable existence...
And perfects it!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Born to Feel Passion by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak