Lawrence S. Pertillar
Born to Feel Passion
I have been told
Not to expect others
To feel as passionate
About life as I do!
I thought that strange.
Since those comments
Were from those
And what I feel,
Is not real to them!
Perhaps for them it lacks appeal?
This life I have,
I am not in doubt...
Nor trying to figure out,
Who's life I have I am living!
Could they be right?
Could they be tossing,
And turning with sleepless nights...
It is my life.
And I thank God,
I was born to feel passion.
And as a bonus,
He added compassion.
Maybe it is the other way around?
And they are right.
It is my life!
And I am confused...
As to which part of it lived to use?
And how much of it exposed,
I should be living and giving
This life I live that comes to give...
As I live it,
I did not bother to watch others,
From a safety that is perched!
I should just sit...
To watch others more experienced,
In practice to arrange
A more suitable existence...
And perfects it!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Born to Feel Passion by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)