RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Breaking Inner Strait Jackets
Tempting inner strait jackets of rage, pulling at the ropes,
tying together years of anger, are the desires of breaking
Past memories have had a stranglehold for too long, searching
everywhere for some help, afraid to accept any of it until now.
Fear is still there, but desire of overcoming it has become
greater by far than at any other time.
Life must be cut away from inner physical entities, so
personality and talent may grow and mature.
Tendencies towards dependency have finally been nipped and
refused to grow beyond ever again.
Pain of anger and rage, enclosed in a tomb-like barrier has
hurt long enough, not wanting the sorrow they bring.
Reaching towards the child within, preparing to become the
person they are.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking Inner Strait Jackets by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mystical Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fighting, Dark Guardian
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad
- Kill not, kill not, gajanan mishra