Laughter and love
Happiness and hope
All filled a heart once made of gold....
Trust and respect
Guidance and care
Lived in this place we once called home
Silence and ponder
As we wake alone
Hunger and loneliness
As the laughter is gone
All we had now suddenly gone
Our house...our hearts...
Weariness now fills us all
For the one who filled our souls...
Who took us in when we had nowhere to go...?
Now threes empty halls
Were so alone...
Our house...our home...
But the memories are stained
Pressed into stone
Can never be erased.....
Our house our home was once full....
His spirit lives, as his
Soul moves on *
OUR HEARTS....our home
Will forever stay strong*
yolandey breedt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broke by yolandey breedt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(June 8, 1915 – November 19, 2011)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Men, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson