What is a brother? One might ask,
Is he there to take on so many of your tasks?
No, I say
he is special in his own way.
He fought for freedom in the war
and now he fights it in the world.
he is my hero proud and true
he still stands up for me and you.
Town crier he was made.
to stand up for the ones who can't
sometimes you know he has done well,
for when he passes by
his name is what they chant.
I love you brother dear,
and there is nothing I shall fear.
I long to hear your voice
all hours of the night,
it doesn't bother me,
for I know everythings going to be alright.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brother by Zelda Gerkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Heroe, Portia Lane
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL