What is a brother? One might ask,
Is he there to take on so many of your tasks?
No, I say
he is special in his own way.
He fought for freedom in the war
and now he fights it in the world.
he is my hero proud and true
he still stands up for me and you.
Town crier he was made.
to stand up for the ones who can't
sometimes you know he has done well,
for when he passes by
his name is what they chant.
I love you brother dear,
and there is nothing I shall fear.
I long to hear your voice
all hours of the night,
it doesn't bother me,
for I know everythings going to be alright.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brother by Zelda Gerkin )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan