All the living creatures in Harmony;
Sheltered under the single Carpet,
On beautiful meadows lined with streams of water;
Is a wonderful gift of Almighty to Human Beings!
With the passage of time;
The crooked ideas of fiend toppled the stronghold of oneness.
Tore out the picturesque land into pieces
Making the life miserable to live on!
Selfishly drawn out borders,
Elevated the issues of scarcity of necessities:
Disputes in turn; scattered the dreams of belonging,
Further neglected; would lead to calamity.
We are not too late;
Let’s uphold the love of brotherhood,
Promote peace; by joining hands,
To build a charismatic society!
Inaugurating the idea at each home,
Respecting every one’s idea; sharing what we have
Serving each other in times of need,
Sure to pilot towards universal understanding!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brotherhood! by Queeny Gona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer