For a dream is a dream,
and I have dreamt it.
You cannot, will not,
take it away.
There will be no apathy,
No unrequited philosophy.
Shame will not breathe,
on such sweet confining pain.
I need not your condescension,
Nor your ill feigned attention.
As far removed can be.
And when I cry,
T'is not for you.
T'is for me,
And my stupidity.
You can not trample
On the dawn of greatness.
You can not butcher,
My unborn child.
As I tower grand before you.
And forever remember,
Still I rise.
Shivangi Chaturvedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bruised Woman by Shivangi Chaturvedi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland