Tori Lynn Smith
It is not right
To give up the fight;
To sit back and give up control.
It's not fair
To say not to care;
To ignore the burning in our souls.
No man should feel
A pain so real
As the whole world did that night
When evil came in
And killed innocent
And left the rest full of fright
Now they want to take
What will make us safe;
The bible and guns, Our only defenses
We all must pray
For the hopefully near day
When the world will come to their senses.
So raise up your fist
Say no to injustice
Break down the walls of hate.
God, Bring peace to this land
By the grace of your hand
And wipe clean America's slate.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (C.T.2012 by Tori Lynn Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- In Praise of Nobility (Eighteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu