CAIN & ABEL
The beginnings of wars begun.
Brother slew brother, mankind undone.
Crying blood of centuries of wars.
Mimics the first, done without a gun.
It was a curse to CAIN in the end.
War today is a curse, no friend.
Intensity has built through the age.
Atomic bombs, maybe the final page.
All from the flood family of NOAH.
Brother slaying brother, like coiling boa.
Every day the news spells it's ways.
So from the beginning, to today.
Mankind has not changed in any way.
from my new book just pub.
THE BEGGAR plus SELECT POETRY
JOE POEWHIT's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CAIN & ABEL by JOE POEWHIT )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Beach Sand, Raymond A. Foss
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss
- eitihasik bhoolein, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Naat (Jo dilon ko fatha kar le wuhi fata.., Akhtar Jawad
- Ode to a Mood, David Podlipny
- bharat ki gareebi, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu