James Walter Orr
Can I Reach You?
When I'm crushed between the debris
of the cold, hard rocks of space
and the end of time
and I know I'll never be free
of the long, hard miles of the race
‘til the last bell's chime.
It's you I'm fighting to reach:
Yet my feet move as though in molasses.
The moon blocks completely my sight.
I'm futilely fighting for speech
as I struggle through hot, choking passes
intending to make it alright.
Yet, my heat thickened voice makes no sounds,
and the reach of my arms fall far short
of letting you know that I'm here.
While the earth still continues it's rounds
and the beat of my sad, bursting heart
knows the terror, the horror and fear,
Brought on by a nightmare, run wild
while the princess slips out of my hands
and I bog in this runaway dream:
Still struggling to reach Venus' child
ere the promise sifts out on the sands
of the stardust and moonlight of cream.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I Reach You? by James Walter Orr )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)