James Walter Orr
The Way Things Are
I have to this, I have to that;
What makes me think I must?
I cannot take the time to chat,
Much less escape the thrust
Of time, who's marching onward now,
Abrading all I am.
The test of time, I cannot pass,
No matter how I cram.
We have to take what time metes out:
We cannot start afresh.
Perhaps our spirits can survive,
But surely not our flesh.
We will endure while we endure,
Until we're laid to rest.
We must accept the way things are,
So why should we be stressed?
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Way Things Are by James Walter Orr )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid