Someone must know what appointed Canadian senators do,
Or where they're supposed to live or stay and what's new?
And if we deleted this appointed Senate; who would know?
Is it possible that Canada might save an awful lot of dough?
Do they get paid like Justin, when they appear, here and there?
Are they taxed on this extra dough and is it above board and fair?
Are these one of the reasons why we should rewrite the constitution?
Or is this not allowed because of political evolution?
Should we have legal binding referendums like the Swiss?
Should we have death-with-dignity or is this being remiss?
Are they like the Vatican in that they never answer questions?
Has an appointed senator ever made a public confession?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Canadıan Senate... by James Bredin )
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)