Someone must know what appointed Canadian senators do,
Or where they're supposed to live or stay and what's new?
And if we deleted this appointed Senate; who would know?
Is it possible that Canada might save an awful lot of dough?
Do they get paid like Justin, when they appear, here and there?
Are they taxed on this extra dough and is it above board and fair?
Are these one of the reasons why we should rewrite the constitution?
Or is this not allowed because of political evolution?
Should we have legal binding referendums like the Swiss?
Should we have death-with-dignity or is this being remiss?
Are they like the Vatican in that they never answer questions?
Has an appointed senator ever made a public confession?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Canadıan Senate... by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal
- The Coconut, Meena Somasundaram
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim