Canadian Euthanasia July 6th,2012
Someone should devise a simple way for Canadians to die,
Then make euthanasia legal by referendum and no lie,
So that when we need to die, we can arrange for the when and where,
I can see it all now as those pompous patrons in Ottawa glare.
The Supreme Court guys and girls in Ottawa looking down,
So you better behave yourself because they don't fool around,
Abortions allowed but euthanasia banned long ago,
Sue Rodriguez had to, and you too, may have to, kowtow.
Maybe not though if we could change some laws and constitution,
We could have death with dignity and no more confusion,
But where do we find a leader or politician who is willing?
Because our lack of this kind of leadership is very chilling.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Canadian Euthanasia July 6th,2012 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convenienced With Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of the Book, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Soul In Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Public Limited Company Safety Catch, Terence G. Craddock
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Athens Shall Burn For the 3rd Time, Joseph DeMarco