James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Canadian Euthanasia July 6th,2012
Someone should devise a simple way for Canadians to die,
Then make euthanasia legal by referendum and no lie,
So that when we need to die, we can arrange for the when and where,
I can see it all now as those pompous patrons in Ottawa glare.
The Supreme Court guys and girls in Ottawa looking down,
So you better behave yourself because they don't fool around,
Abortions allowed but euthanasia banned long ago,
Sue Rodriguez had to, and you too, may have to, kowtow.
Maybe not though if we could change some laws and constitution,
We could have death with dignity and no more confusion,
But where do we find a leader or politician who is willing?
Because our lack of this kind of leadership is very chilling.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.