James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CANADIAN PRIDE... APRIL 12TH,2013
Death with dignity should be the first question on a referendum,
But Canadians can’t have a referendum or even a memorandum,
The Ottawa establishment is too busy and they just don’t care,
And the religious types would rather that we be involved in prayer.
So if you come down with a horrible disease, you may die in pain,
Not much to look forward to and there’s nothing to gain,
And then it gets worse because also, our politicians don’t care,
And we have a so called Charter Constitution that we can’t repair.
So we’re stuck in no-man’s land where those media moguls wink,
Journalists who write about this, are probably told to rethink,
This subject, although it’s not forbidden, is certainly curtailed,
So our pride and death-with-dignity as an issue, has failed.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem