CANADIAN PRIDE... APRIL 12TH,2013
Death with dignity should be the first question on a referendum,
But Canadians can’t have a referendum or even a memorandum,
The Ottawa establishment is too busy and they just don’t care,
And the religious types would rather that we be involved in prayer.
So if you come down with a horrible disease, you may die in pain,
Not much to look forward to and there’s nothing to gain,
And then it gets worse because also, our politicians don’t care,
And we have a so called Charter Constitution that we can’t repair.
So we’re stuck in no-man’s land where those media moguls wink,
Journalists who write about this, are probably told to rethink,
This subject, although it’s not forbidden, is certainly curtailed,
So our pride and death-with-dignity as an issue, has failed.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (CANADIAN PRIDE... APRIL 12TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor