James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CANADIAN REFERENDUMS... MAY 27TH,2013
We cannot decide when or where or how we would like to die,
Caught in the vice grip of politicians and no one knows why,
If Oregon and Washington have DWD, why can’t we?
Caught in our own historical stupid decisions for you and me.
As Canadians, we should realize that we need to change,
Amid useless political promises that are never arranged,
Somewhere, somehow, big political changes should be made,
And assisted suicide should be part of the new crusade.
More states get it every year but not one Canadian province,
Nothing changes no matter what our politicians promise,
We need binding referendums in the Constitution soon,
Switzerland has had it for years and we should at the first opportune.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem