CANADIAN REFERENDUMS... MAY 27TH,2013
We cannot decide when or where or how we would like to die,
Caught in the vice grip of politicians and no one knows why,
If Oregon and Washington have DWD, why can’t we?
Caught in our own historical stupid decisions for you and me.
As Canadians, we should realize that we need to change,
Amid useless political promises that are never arranged,
Somewhere, somehow, big political changes should be made,
And assisted suicide should be part of the new crusade.
More states get it every year but not one Canadian province,
Nothing changes no matter what our politicians promise,
We need binding referendums in the Constitution soon,
Switzerland has had it for years and we should at the first opportune.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (CANADIAN REFERENDUMS... MAY 27TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar