James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CANADIANS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Can’t have propositions, referendums or judicial reviews,
We know about these because of nightly US TV news,
No proportional representation or mid term elections,
Because recall and set-date elections are forbidden selections.
But we have dead soldiers on the Highway of Heroes coming home,
From Afghanistan in black shiny hearses with lots of chrome,
From that expensive, pointless and endless conflict over there,
But it gets worse because pompous politicians don’t seem to care.
No plebiscites, euthanasia or death with dignity here,
Not even doctor assisted suicide so nothing to fear,
Because UN political correctness seems to rule the day,
That crowd that banned us from the Security Council by the way.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.