You want to keep playing games?
Fine- That's cool,
but in these games,
you and I are the casualties.
However- I refuse to be a casualty
to this war,
because I've already won.
I'm free from this war,
because I'm stronger than it;
if I were to say and fight-
you'd be the only casualty.
So I'll walk away,
and leave you be,
because I know that I
don't need you anymore.
Katherine Bryce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Casualties by Katherine Bryce )
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris
- Unbearably, Lilly Emery
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon