A Strange Custom
As I was walking down the path
In my head I did some higher math.
They say that one and one makes two
But I know that that's not always true
'Cause sometimes one on one makes three
It's quite confusing don't you see.
The numbers don't add up to me.
And if you live down by the Bay
You're apt to swing the other way.
And here's what makes it even worse
The Bible says it is a curse.
In that case one plus one makes none
It's just having some forbidden fun.
These transgressors we must smite
The Bible says it's only right.
So gather round, they made their bed
And we must stone them til they're dead.
This strange custom makes me doubt
And wonder what Christianity is all about.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Strange Custom by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner