Caught Between Two Opposing Angels
One glorious summer's evening,
In O'Sheas Irish Bar in Manchester
I bought a round at last orders.
When the bell began to sound…
I thought it odd, people are leaving
In their droves; then the doorman
Said down your pint 'Mr and go'…
Or I'll take it now, bro.
I protested and made him wait…
I didn't anticipate his anger
Towards me or his unapologetic hate!
Outside, I complained face to face.
He got aggressive filled with rage
He wanted to kill me - seriously.
I then called him a little-Adolf-Hitler
My you should have seen his enrage.
'It wasn't the name Adolf Hitler
So much as the word little
That caused him offense'.
He raised his fists, I got the gist.
And wasn't about to back down…
But then an arm came around my waist
And these gentle words come with me
He isn't worth it… and so I calmly left.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Caught Between Two Opposing Angels by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Why does the old one suffer?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Hymn of Mercy - 17, ramesh rai
- Each Drop of Anger, a Bread Crumb to Hea.., Mr. Nobody
- फुं सोरां बिलियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Daughter of the Earth - 42, gajanan mishra
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)