Lawrence S. Pertillar
Caught Up In A Display Of Pomp
Those caught up in a display of pomp,
Are not aware of the circumstances...
One day they must repay,
While foundations they depend...
Begin to crumble unnoticed under them.
Someone has to be held accountable,
For the merriment enjoyed...
Without employing common sense.
Someone unafraid to say what may offend,
Has to walk away to seek the doing of deeds...
To leave the younger generation impressed,
That 'someone' sought to be responsible enough...
To encourage them that feasting is a part of life!
And preparing to sacrifice is not what they should avoid.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Caught Up In A Display Of Pomp by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath