Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Come, oh thou Ghost so Holy,
And let our mortal souls so inspire.
Let thy our Word in our hearts taste like roly-poly,
And thy divine light in our minds burn like fire.
Let thy wisdom on us today impart,
And on us pour thy blessed Unction from above.
For thou all knowledge and wisdom art,
And also power, glory, life and love.
Annoint us today as thee we worship,
And unto us show thy merciful face.
Grant us peace in this our fellowship,
And let not be far from us thy grace.
Teach us to follow thee father and thy son,
And thee of both but one be in eternal merit.
Come thee unto us in one Holy Person,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Celestial Invocation by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra
- Heart Beat Outpaced xx xxx xx Impro.., Lee Mack
- When a letter to my love will not just do, Rob Spiering
- Death, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai