I was born a soldier,
to protect some place,
that was never my own.
I was the perfect soldier,
until he came along,
and ruined it forever.
He was my celestial soldier,
he was my first true love.
Milady Fate has a cruel side.
She ripped us apart forever,
so I became what I hated,
the perfect soldier once more.
So in the end I have become,
My own Celestial soldier,
for I can never have my own again.
Samantha Bougie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Celestial Soldier by Samantha Bougie )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes