Change? Or Just Returning?
with every breath,
with every step...
in the search for
where we began...
or perhaps where we end!
is there any difference?
other than the memories
of breaths shared,
steps taken together....
meeting as if by chance
at the crossroads....
walking together for a time.
of such is history.....
and the seeds that germinate
in the frozen ground waiting....
are but the bodies of our dreams....
or just returning?
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Change? Or Just Returning? by Eric Cockrell )
- The Detective, Sylvia Plath
- Stopped Dead, Sylvia Plath
- The Courage Of Shutting-Up, Sylvia Plath
- Eavesdropper, Sylvia Plath
- I See The Blessing Coming, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Bowl Of Eggs, Naveed Khalid
- Crossing The Water, Sylvia Plath
- Morning Air, Leah Ayliffe
- An Abstract Art, Naveed Khalid
- Mary's Song, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)