Change The Senate... Aug 30th,2013
Can we adapt and change the Senate in another direction?
Or would whoever pulls the strings, pull another objection?
Because if they could pass a death-with-dignity law; we’re in
Wouldn’t have to continue in our ongoing embarasment and chagrin.
And the adopted Senate could justify it’s existence,
Death-with-dignity finally passed because of our persistence,
We might finally celebrate the fact that they exist,
And they could then stay there forever; make changes and persist.
But somewhere in the background I can see a political hand,
Trying to ensure that death-with-dignity is banned,
And set-date elections and binding referendums all gone too,
It was just a thought I had about our Senate - long overdue.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Change The Senate... Aug 30th,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer