James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CHANGE TRUDEAU'S CHARTER AGAIN May 16th,2011
We should have a better constitution than Trudeau’s Charter,
Written back around the time of President Jimmy Carter,
Times have changed, so we should updat it with proper additions,
More in keeping with what’s missing and our modern conditions.
We should have a competition to see who can get it right,
Then vote for it in a plebiscite and no need to be uptight,
We need binding referendums and death with dignity soon,
We need proportional representation with this opportune.
We the people should have plebiscites on major decisions,
In order to avoid possible major national divisions,
Where controversial High Court decisions can be annulled,
Where their ancient red Santa Clause costumes should be mulled.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.