Chaos and Peace
in chaos I found peace,
now in peace I find chaos.
rushed every morning
like my life depended on it
(and indeed it did)
got crushed in the crowd
used to say,
it helped me keep fit!
it was 'chaos'
perfumes and fish,
all rolled into one
one characteristic smell
it was 'chaos'
smiles and frowns
on the same face, at once.
then, in that 'chaos'
I found my peace.
in my crowd
I found solace.
(but I guess I didn't know it then)
felt the world rush by.
thought today i die.
in the mess of my life
there lurked a certain order.
then I quit.
left in search of peace.
in search of solace.
the very things that ran up to me
I deciede to run up to them.
now I do not rush.
I do not run.
there is no crowd.
no need to frown.
the beautiful order I got,
I managed to mess.
in the peace i bought,
I managed to get 'chaos'.
Geetha Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chaos and Peace by Geetha Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INSTRUCTIONS TO LIFE, Michael P. Johnson