Lenin Meitei Thingujam
How do I divide you into chapters?
How do I bind these fragmented writings into one whole?
No flow, no reason
Just ramblings and scratches in random
I let people read a part
And they say I am mad
What shall I do when I am done with you?
What shall I play when you march out the door for good?
They say you are never ending
Like an ouroborous
You end with a start
And start with an end
When will I ever find a handle on you?
When will I ever pinpoint both your conjugate properties?
Slippery like an eel
With me but beyond my grasp
God did forget something
After all you came without a manual
Where will I find you again if I am lost?
Where will I tattoo your address on my being?
Tie me to yourself
With an umbilical cord
Or a dog collar
And keep me on a tight leash
Why are you and why are you with me?
Why are you like a Sudoku game with snakes and ladders?
I am trying to be good
Or at least good at it
I ponder over your existence
You, a grain of sand in a thousand Saharas
Who am I to you and you to me?
Who am I to tolerate all your crap?
You look like my mirror image
But sometimes go away like a mirage
On a thorny desert
Let rain come and I will decide
Lenin Meitei Thingujam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chapters by Lenin Meitei Thingujam )
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns