Check your hair,
Check your teeth,
Check your face,
Now check your feet!
Check your eyes,
Check your butt,
Check your thighs,
That's not enough!
Check your life,
Check your Soul,
Check your hands, in prayer too fold.
Check the state, the state you're in,
Check your Savior,
Check your sins!
Now check your house, the one you build,
Check the jewels, your heavens crown will fill.
Check the Bible, of words not yet read,
Check it ALL, it's your daily bread!
Check your words, the ones you speak,
Check your deeds, do these you keep?
Check it in,
Check it out,
For this is a check list,
You can't live without!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Check List' by Linda Winchell )
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lost, Ahmed Tawfik
- Egghead, Peter Jay Shippy
- The Jackalope Man Makes Juice, Bruce Larkin
- Amok, Peter Jay Shippy
- Mayday-Mayday, Nassy Fesharaki
- God! God! Why have you forsaken me! Tran.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Operator's Hostage, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)