.Chicken Hawks And Ostrich Doves
'Bring 'em home alive, and now, '
coos liberal table pounder.
'Put the welfare slobs to work, '
fat catbird caws to counter.
'It's corporate sloth that keeps us down, '
comes lefty's pat response.
'Stop whining! ' commands the righteous right,
'show gratitude for once.'
'Let's harness the sun, spare the critters
& hammer our swords to ploughshares.'
'We've mastered the atom, put fossils to work
& as for the arts, who cares? '
By the red-neck reckoning
Life's sacred from neo-conception
while blue-blood necro-libertine
begs further interpretation.
Lorenz found that, tho doves might coo,
they’ll bite off a partner’s head.
A hawk is a ruthless scavenger
that picks at the weak and the dead.
Ostriches don’t really burrow from fear
but still won’t see what’s around.
Some chickens gaze up @ the rain so long
swallowing precip until they drown.
Chicken Hawks and Ostrich Doves
grown flightless on points to ponder
assuming the world's split red and blue
& capital to squander.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.Chicken Hawks And Ostrich Doves by Cretan Maineiac )
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)