What kind of world is it my friend
that little children see?
I wonder if they see God first
because they just believe?
Do they see strength in caring eyes
who watch them as they play -
or maybe love through gentle hands
that guide them on their way?
Do children dream of future times
when they would be a king -
or just enjoy their present life
while with their friends they sing?
And when the day is over -
as they close their eyes to sleep -
do children look forward to tomorrow
with its promises to keep?
If this is what our children see
then it should be no surprise -
the world would be a better place
if we all had children's eyes.
Tom Krause - 2000
Tom Krause's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Children's Eyes by Tom Krause )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Havoc, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- So what next, Michael Mullings
- I Dance And Smile At The Sound Of Your V.., Ronald Chapman
- Power, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I Caught A Little Rhyme (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- If you'll happen to remember me, Sebenzile Mamba
- I Asked, Ronald Chapman
- God Looks in, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am The Sky, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Sunshine, Ronald Chapman