Some people sit - some people try.
Some people laugh - some people cry.
Some people will - some people won't.
Some people do - some people don't.
Some people believe and develop a plan.
Some people doubt - never think that they can.
Some people face hurdles and give it their best.
Some people back down when faced with a test.
Some people complain of their miserable lot.
Some people are thankful for all that they have got.
And when it's all over - when it comes to an end -
Some people lose out and some people win.
We all have a choice - we all have a say.
We are spectators in life or we get in and play.
Whichever we choose - how we handle life's game.
The choices are ours - no one else is to blame.
Tom Krause - 2000
Tom Krause's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choices by Tom Krause )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)