Chip, chip, chipping away
Works the hand's of our God.
Chipping away at mankind's hearts
Where sin remains so firmly lodged.
Taking His mighty chisel
From His Father's carpenters pouch.
Chipping away at hardened shells
Of which our hearts are housed.
Each chip He chips in-crusted
But caused by man's un-forgiven sin.
And the hardness of its crust is
Where mankind's sin begins.
Only God can lovingly remove
This outer crust that we have formed.
It starts with God's forgiving grace
Then He in us, we are reformed.
He softens our every heartbeat
He flows within, each artery and vein.
He purifies and cleanses
Whatever sin tries to remain.
It can only begin to work
For it was written in this way.
That Jesus would die upon a cross
For all man's sin to be forgiven that faithful day.
So if you hear some sounds within your heart
Like a carpenters' chiseling tool.
Remember what was written in, 'Jesus' blood'
His Father's forgivening rule.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Chipping Away' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam