Choose your own analogy
Love is never ambiguous
Nor can it remain a white canvas
It's absolute & resolute-
Yes; but also it's - irresolute.
It Greys with frustration…
It is charmed, but never sated.
It can be a golden stage curtain.
Or a place we've desecrated.
Love is a world diverse
Choose your own analogy,
Love likely it's given freely.
It will become - your universe.
Acceptance of its alleyways,
Tears dripping like choking vines
Shall with all our hearts inveighs
Become easier as it divines
Speeds our souls unto—
One another all recombines.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choose your own analogy by Mark Heathcote )
- Alexi, Edward Kofi Louis
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 분당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The well of Secrets, Kenneth Maswabi
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 부산오피 분당오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The Poor's Struggle, Miethi Goswami
- I Am Myself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Nine Days To Silence - Day One, Alan Reynolds
- Lovely Minds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Berbatov, Edward Kofi Louis
- Life basket, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Angel, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Drummer Hodge, Thomas Hardy
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1895 - 1985)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)