Two years - time does fly
so quickly, and yet
not a day goes by
without thoughts of you.
It’s almost Christmas again
but our Christmases
are never the same
since you left.
Christmas will never be the same
it reminds us of our loss
we put on brave faces and your name
remains unspoken – Christmas is for kids.
A missing place at the table
missing presents under the tree
a missing voice – and we’re unable
to enjoy it without you.
Grieving is done alone
in the quiet times
when silent tears fall.
Tears for the man, the father
the husband, the life that might have been
the poet, the dreamer
if only, if only, if only we had seen.
Helen M Lawson 2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas 2011 by Helen Lawson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera