CITY OF BLOOD (from the original play by Timothy Venard)
over the hills by a little bay
is a little street where the children play
they think all is well.
but aloof in the air is a terrifying smell.
in the in the air
in the streets
in your veins
if your hart still beats (slow and dark) ...
well dose it?
I see a girl
I see a boy
I see a body
I see BLOOD
city of blood...
city of blood...
CITY OF BLOOD
ALIGHT WITH FLAME.
BURN IN HELL FOREVER.
Timothy Venard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CITY OF BLOOD (from the original play by Timothy Venard) by Timothy Venard )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Darkness, yvonne stine
- Knocking at your door, yvonne stine
- Noisy -Noisy Frog, Aftab Alam
- Prince and Saviour, yvonne stine
- يا قمرنا يا مليح, Abdullah alHemaidy
- God is faithful & True, yvonne stine
- My name, Nassy Fesharaki
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar