CLINT EASTWOOD POEM
I'm riding with an outfit
That's loyal to its brand
I've got a gun and a rope
Which I keep close at hand.
Anyone who would harm
What belongs to the brand
They are my enemy
No matter who the man.
Never have I ever lied
Or stole from my boss
Nor let anyone else
Regardless of cost.
Late at night, beneath the stars
We sit around the fire
Drinking coffee and telling stories
About whatever we desire.
I feel the Lord cracks a smile
When he watches us cowboys
Looking up from down below
At Heaven with all its glories.
Once I was so in love
I married a beautiful wife
She took ill and passed away
So I chose a cowboy's life.
My boss has a pretty wife
His family I respect
They treat me as I treat them
So their lives I shall protect.
The cowboy code can be found
On the ranches of the West
Where real men still earn their place
By being their very best.
The Lord can close doors no man can open
And open doors no man can close.
It's up to us to prove our Heavenly worth
By our lifetime example of the path we chose.
Tom's 481 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/ http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
'To book Tom Zart for guest appearances, product, or services, contact Raymond L. LaPietra-Exclusive Personal Manager,913-681-7750 (office) ,
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CLINT EASTWOOD POEM by Tom Zart )
Did you read them?
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis