CLINT EASTWOOD POEM
I'm riding with an outfit
That's loyal to its brand
I've got a gun and a rope
Which I keep close at hand.
Anyone who would harm
What belongs to the brand
They are my enemy
No matter who the man.
Never have I ever lied
Or stole from my boss
Nor let anyone else
Regardless of cost.
Late at night, beneath the stars
We sit around the fire
Drinking coffee and telling stories
About whatever we desire.
I feel the Lord cracks a smile
When he watches us cowboys
Looking up from down below
At Heaven with all its glories.
Once I was so in love
I married a beautiful wife
She took ill and passed away
So I chose a cowboy's life.
My boss has a pretty wife
His family I respect
They treat me as I treat them
So their lives I shall protect.
The cowboy code can be found
On the ranches of the West
Where real men still earn their place
By being their very best.
The Lord can close doors no man can open
And open doors no man can close.
It's up to us to prove our Heavenly worth
By our lifetime example of the path we chose.
Tom's 481 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/ http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
'To book Tom Zart for guest appearances, product, or services, contact Raymond L. LaPietra-Exclusive Personal Manager,913-681-7750 (office) ,
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CLINT EASTWOOD POEM by Tom Zart )
- 3: 41, Adam Groszeibl
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)