Come back to Me My Love
My dear, how much I miss
the sweetness of your kiss.
Feeling your lips touch mine
was so wonderfully divine.
Oh, darling of my heart
let us not stay apart
but let's wipe the slate clean
and return to how we'd been.
I don't know what to say
and really rue that day
when I was so unkind
in leaving you behind.
For I'd been so foolish
to cause you such anguish
on that horrible day
when I drove you away.
I'd love to start again
to make up for the pain
and the awful distress
caused by my selfishness.
Come back to me my love
for we can rise above
that which drove us apart
by just following our heart.
So draw close to me my dear
and let me hold you near.
Let passions once more flow
just like we used to know.
Yor Nella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come back to Me My Love by Yor Nella )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- thousands of dreams and a lost love, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Time, Michael P. McParland
- Merry Christmas, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Diversity, hafiz qasim
- my Poetry, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Thought About You, Michael P. McParland
- The World, Michael P. McParland
- The Wind, Michael P. McParland
- Maker of Sensibilities, hafiz qasim
- View from my heart, chazz blomme