Come Holy Spirit
Come Holy Spirit to this place
Come fill this place with fire
To cleanse us, shake us,
Fill with awe, Your presence
You have been sent to teach all things
To comfort and to show
It's not by power or by might
But by the Spirit now.
When Jesus was upon the earth
He said the Comforter would come
To only those who would believe
And be witness of His Son.
You think there may be other ways
To the Father, please take heed.
Jesus said "I am the way, the
Truth, the Life no other you will need.
We fight not flesh, but powers unseen
And principalities of might.
But Jesus resurrection showed
The devils must take flight.
Oh, Father God, my strength, my shield
I worship You this day
Though time is passing quickly now
Your Kingdom come today!
©Copyright,12/1994, Kathryn Tyler Little
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Holy Spirit by Kathryn King )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe