Come Holy Spirit
Come Holy Spirit to this place
Come fill this place with fire
To cleanse us, shake us,
Fill with awe, Your presence
You have been sent to teach all things
To comfort and to show
It's not by power or by might
But by the Spirit now.
When Jesus was upon the earth
He said the Comforter would come
To only those who would believe
And be witness of His Son.
You think there may be other ways
To the Father, please take heed.
Jesus said "I am the way, the
Truth, the Life no other you will need.
We fight not flesh, but powers unseen
And principalities of might.
But Jesus resurrection showed
The devils must take flight.
Oh, Father God, my strength, my shield
I worship You this day
Though time is passing quickly now
Your Kingdom come today!
©Copyright,12/1994, Kathryn Tyler Little
Kathryn King's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Holy Spirit by Kathryn King )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- rivers arms around me, Mandolyn Davidson
- i'm homesick for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Spread Love Like VD?, LUVinThe NOW
- The Revelation Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Lord, Lord, Jared Hirsch
- My Satan, Jared Hirsch
- Shakespeare, Nassy Fesharaki
- Blood of Gaza, Akhtar Jawad
- Small is no less than the big, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Seed of Lemuria, Cynthia McCoy